Eric Stelzel: Youth Program/Camp Director
Hometown: Lavon, Texas
School: Texas A&M Commerce-2005-Radio Television Broadcasting/Texas State University- Recreation Administration-2015
Hobbies: Skateboarding, surfing, building Legos, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, playing at Blasterpark!
Favorite thing about TSR: My favorite thing about TSR are the camps and Blasterpark.
Fun Fact(s): I love my family. I have a wife (Bri) shes a midwife. I have three kids; Aiden (12), Maverick (2), and Sailor (1). If you have been to Camp TSR before you’ve met my service dog, Murphy. In my free time, Im playing with my kids, trying to play hockey, skating or tying to build my next Lego masterpeice. (:
Why is Camp Important to me: Camp is important to me because it’s one of the few places left on this crazy planet where kids are free to learn at their own place and just get to be kids. They aren’t asked to grow up so fast but instead asked to just enjoy their time as kids/campers.
Assistant Camp Director: Murphy
Murphy is Eric’s service dog. A black border collie, Murphy is always in a good mood and loves kids. When asked “What’s special about your?” Murphy responded with “I’m Vigilant and always on watch.” He’s also lots of fun to play with and loves to cuddle!
Hometown: San Marcos, Texas
School: Texas state University- Applied Sociology
Hobbies: Wakeboarding, Camping, Basketball, Hiking, Nextflix
Favorite thing about TSR: The Pacifico Kicker
Fun Fact(s): I like Pineapple on my pizza! And I was a snow coach for a semester in Colorado.
Why Is camp Important to me: I love teaching kids how to wakeboard!
James Kemp: Blasterpark operations manager
Home town: Midlothian, Texas
School: Texas state University- Marketing
Hobbies: Playing guitar and golfing.
Favorite thing about TSR: All the awesome goats!
Fun Fact(s): I play the guitar and I collect stickers
Why is Camp Important to me: It has been a second home and family for me. I want to be able to give back to the kids that come here.
Hometown: Huntsville, Texas
School: Texas State University- Recreation Administration
Hobbies: Being outside, water activities, playing with my dog.
Favorite thing about TSR: I love being able to work outside with kids.
Fun Fact(s): I rescued my dog and now we cant’t live without each other.
Why is Camp important to me: I get to do what I love and have fun doing it.
Camp Mom: Mrs. B.
Christine’s favorite thing about Camp TSR is all the Campers, and her favorite activity at TSR is hanging out, meeting people, and getting hugs from all of her TSR family.
- She LOVES puzzles and could play Sudoku for hours!
- She hates wearing shoes.
- Her favorite animal is her Pomeranian Teddie (short for Theodor Roosevelt); she also really loves birds!
- She likes to read, cook, play on the computer, write, draw, sing (badly), take pictures & arts and crafts!
- She has 3 awesome kids: Catie, Max, and Anna
- Her heroes include: Dr. Suess (for not talking down to kids and believing in their dreams); Ghandi (for not being afraid to care for those in need “Be the change you wish to see in the world”); Her Gandmother Marlys (for teaching her to find beauty in art, dance, cooking, flowers, music and children); Her Mother-in-law Hannah (for teaching me how to show love); Her daughter Catie (for her relentless optimism and fearlessness).
Mrs. B’s advice for life:
- Wear your helmet, you can skate in my house if you are wearing a helmet
- Wear your sunscreen; sunscreen is your friend
- Be kind to smaller kids, even if the smaller kid is your brother
- No cussing in front of ladies or little kids
- No bullying. It’s mean and it hurts
- Be nice to your mom and dad; they love you!
- It’s cool to be polite.
- We all have something to be grateful for, be sure to tell God thank you every day.
- You can never have too many friends.
- Stay away from drugs, and those who use them.
- Read a book!!